Thursday, January 28, 2010

Biggest Loser 2010

I have been a big fan of biggest loser for several seasons. We have a tradition, my husband and I get our bowl of ice cream, probably about 3 servings with lots of chocolate syrup on top, and we sit down and watch the biggest loser.

While they were being very successful and I in awe of their success, I was slowly gaining the weight, becoming more like what they were trying to get away from.
You know the pictures that they show them eating before they come on the show,

I could relate more to that then the actual workouts, but it was fun to watch them work hard and accomplish THEIR goals. But it was not for me. I did not need it. I was not like them.

Well something hit me this year. I keep hearing the contestants saying that they are the biggest that they have ever been, and how they are hitting bottom and must do something about it just to LIVE. That was nothing new you hear that every season.

It was what Jullian said, in one of the interviews that this is the BIGGEST group that they have ever had, that going to the ranch is the LAST resort, and DO NOT to WAIT to go to the ranch before you do something.

The puzzle pieces were put together; I am the biggest that I have ever been myself. It was as if Jullian was talking directly to me, when she said NOT to WAIT until you get to this WEIGHT before you DO something about it.

WOW!!! What a wake up call.

My kids also have been watching the biggest loser. One of them has also been touched. She said to me, “Mom if I don’t do something about my weight I will end up like them.” She was really scared about that.

So my daughter and I decided to do something about it this year. I wanted to watch biggest loser and have my OWN SUCCESS story, instead of watching them lose weight, while I was gaining.

So this is the story of me, Mandy McCollum and my daughter Jamie on our weight lose journey. Please join us on our journey!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment